Last updated on June 18th, 2019
vegetarian tacos recipe with ready made tacos shell and rajma masala. Sharing a quick evening snack of vegetarian tacos.You can make this snack in minutes if you have ready made taco shells in hand
A taco is a Mexican dish made of corn flour eaten with various filling like baked beans, vegetables or beef. More about taco here. Few other famous Mexican recipes I have tried and adapted to our taste are quesadilla with homemade wheat tortilla, fresh tomato salsa.
Few months back I saw various ideas for making vegetarian tacos in a good food India issue. Ever since I wanted to try out taco at home. There was a pindi chenna taco recipe in the book and this rajma masala taco recipe is inspired by that. I even wanted to try making taco shell for this vegetarian tacos recipe but I then saw this ready made taco shells in a nuts and spies outlet, I picked up one and took the short cut 🙂
To make vegetarian tacos at home you need onions, tomatoes, grated processed cheese, cilantro leaves and baked beans. Here I have made use of the left over rajma masala.
This is not the authentic vegetarian tacos recipe, I have not used sour cream or jack cheese as a traditional taco would, this is just my quick version but nonetheless this vegetarian tacos recipe is simple, quick to make and absolutely delicious. This would make for a great after school snack for toddlers and kids. Keep all the ingredients ready and assemble the tacos just before serving.
Here is how to make vegetarian tacos recipe with rajma masala, do try out!
vegetarian tacos recipe with step by step photos.
1. preheat oven at 180 c for 10 minutes. Arrange the store bought taco shells on a baking tray or cookie sheet and heat for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. This will ensure the taco shells are crisp.
2. Heat the rajma masala for few minutes and keep it ready.
3. Chop onion and tomato finely. Mix well, add lemon juice, little salt and finely chopped cilantro leaves. Keep aside. Keep grated cheese ready too.
4. At the time of serving, take one taco shell and fill with 2-3 teaspoons rajma masala. Add some onion tomato mixture, again add some rajma masala. Top with grated cheese. Serve vegetarian tacos immediately with any sour cream or yogurt dip.
Just leave out grated cheese or top with vegan cheese.
vegetarian tacos recipe card below:
Vegetarian tacos recipe | Easy vegetarian tacos
- 4-6 taco shells
- 1/4 cup rajma masala[
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3-4 teaspoons grated cheese
- Heat taco shells at 180 c for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. this will make the shells crisp.
- Mix chopped onions,tomatoes, cilantro leaves and lemon juice well.Heat rajma masala.
- Take a crisp taco shell and fill 2-3 teaspoons rajma masala, onion-tomato and grated cheese. Serve vegetarian tacos immediately.
2. Use monetary jack cheese if avilable else any processed cheese will work.
3. You can use chole masala too for filling instead of rajma masala