Last updated on June 26th, 2019
Paneer 65 recipe is a starter that we prepare by deep frying the batter coated paneer cubes. This paneer starter is very popular in Indian restaurants and street food shops along with other 65 recipes. This dry paneer 65 can be served as starter or snack along with drinks. Here how to make easy paneer 65 recipe with step by step photos for you all!
There are many ways to make paneer 65 recipe. There are many versions like Hyderabad style, Tamil nadu street style and the ones served n restaurants also vary in taste.
What Is Paneer 65?
- Some people state that 65 dishes were born on 1965 as quick meals for Indian soldiers.
- It is also stated that 65 chilies are used to spice the dish
Whatever is the reason these starter recipes have become hugely popular and are served in right from small street shops to star restaurants.
65 Recipes are from south Indian cuisine especially from Tamil nadu. The recipe of paneer 65 shared here is slightly healthier as I have used besan flour instead of plain flour
A piping hot plate of paneer 65 is best to serve as starter or you can serve it as accompaniment with drinks. Make paneer 65 slightly less spicy and it will be a huge hit with toddlers and kids too.
If you like easy paneer snacks you might like to check
What Is The Difference Between Paneer 65 and Paneer Manchurian.
While both paneer 65 and manuchurian are served as starters, the main difference is that there are no sauces in paneer 65.
Paneer manchurian is an indo chinese recipe with soy sauce, tomato sauce and spring onions. paneer 65 is south Indian recipe with typical south Indian spices and uses curry leaves for garnishing 🙂
Also as far as I have seen paneer 65 is completely dry starter without any masala.
Can I Make Paneer 65 Without Maida?
Yes we can make this paneer starter without maida. Here I have used gram flour instead of maida. You can also use corn flour and rice flour in this recipe.
Can You Make Paneer 65 Without Frying the Paneer?
To make paneer 65 without frying, prepare the paneer cubes as mentioned in the recipe.Just toast them until golden on a cast iron tava with 3 teaspoons oil. Skip the batter.
How To Make Paneer 65 In Air fryer?
To make this dish in air-fryer prepare the paneer mixture as mentioned in the recipe. Dip the paneer cubes in thick batter briefly and arrange in the greased air fryer basket.
Air fry for 10-12 minutes at 200C. Garnish with curry leaves and serve.
You can also prepare paneer 65 in oven in similar way.
Recipe Notes and Tips:
paneer 65 tastes best when served hot. You can keep the spiced paneer cubes and batter ready but fry only just before serving.
Instead of besan you can use all purpose flour or maida.
This is a spicy and flavorful snack that is crispy and dry.
You can add 1 tablespoon thick curd to paneer marination if preferred.
While making for toddlers and kids reduce the chili powder or skip it altogether. You can use pepper powder instead.
The recipe can be doubled or tripled.
How To Make Paneer 65 Recipe Step by Step
Cut paneer into bite size cubes.
Add minced ginger garlic, garam masala powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and pinch of salt.
Mix well and set aside.
Add gram flour, rice flour, carom seeds, salt and red chili powder for batter in a separate bowl. Gradually add water littler by little to make a thick yet flowing batter. The batter should be lump free.
Now heat oil for deep frying. The oil should be medium hot.
Dip each paneer cube in the prepared batter and slide in the hot oil.
Deep fry until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
In the same oil fry 20 curry leaves.
Add the fried leaves to paneer cubes. Toss well.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Paneer 65 Recipe Card
Paneer 65 Recipe
Ingredients for paneer marination
- 200 grams paneer, cubed
- 1.5 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup gram flour besan, chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour OR corn flour
- 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 20 curry leaves
- oil to fry paneer and curry leaves
- Cut paneer into bite size cubes.
- Add minced ginger garlic, garam masala powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and pinch of salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Add gram flour, rice flour, carom seeds, salt and red chili powder for batter in a separate bowl. Gradually add water littler by little to make a thick yet flowing batter. The batter should be lump free.
- Now heat oil for deep frying. The oil should be medium hot.
- Dip each paneer cube in the prepared batter and slide in the hot oil.
- Deep fry until golden brown. Drain and set aside
- In the same oil fry 20 curry leaves.
- Add the fried leaves to paneer cubes. Toss well.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.