Corn cutlet recipe with step by step photos. Today I am sharing a very quick and easy to make corn cutlet recipe aka corn patties recipe. These days I have started to shop more frequently for veggies. We have shifted to a new abode and shopping for veggies is being fun ever since. There is a big make shift veggies market as well a super market very near the house and you know who is very happy :). I buy fresh vegetables and fruits 2 days once and try to finish off fast. I bought very fresh sweet corn cobs yesterday and was planning some summer salad with corn. But then I wanted to make a quick snack and used up the sweet corn cobs and made these corn cutlets. I wanted to try this corn cutlet recipe for a long time. There are many variations in corn cutlet recipe. I have tasted stuffed corn cutlets, sweet corn stuffed inside potato in few places. But I wanted to make a simple and quick corn cutlet recipe this time. I can vouch for the simpleness of the recipe. Easy and best corn cutlet recipe is this.
To make corn cutlet recipe, begin with steaming the corn kernels and potatoes. Then mash the potatoes well. I prefer to mash the corn kernels too. I just mash them coarsely. Whole corn kernels tend to burst. If you wish you can use whole corn kernels too. Just be cautious while frying the corn cutlet. You can deep fry or shallow fry the cutlets. I shallow fried them. Shallow frying takes more time but you can get away with less oil. You can even toast the corn cutlet on tava or bake them too. In this corn cutlet recipe, I have used pulsed poha/aval instead of bread crumbs or sooji. I am trying to replace bread crumbs or sooji with rava in cutlets. Adding poha makes the cutlet very crispy and also more tasty.
Serve corn cutlet hot with any juice/milkshake. This makes a hearty meal for toddlers and kids. You can also serve corn cutlets with coffee or tea.
Here is how to make corn cutlet recipe, do try this out!
Step by step corn cutlet recipe:
1. Begin corn cutlet recipe by steaming potatoes. Peel and chop the potatoes roughly. Steam or boil the potatoes along with corn kernels.
2. Once steamed, mash the potatoes thoroughly. Coarsely mash the corn kernels.
3. Add finely chopped onions and cilantro leaves.
4. Add all the spice powders, salt and mix well. Add lemon juice and mix well.
5. Add the pulsed poha. Mix well and make a dough.
6. Divide the corn potato mixture into 10-12 equal portions. Shape each portion into a cutlet.
7. Deep or shallow fry the shaped cutlets until golden brown. Serve corn cutlet hot with tea/milkshake.
Corn cutlet recipe card below:
- 1 large potato peeled and steamed
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels steamed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup pulsed poha
Begin corn cutlet recipe by steaming potatoes. Peel and chop the potatoes roughly. Steam or boil the potatoes along with corn kernels.
Once steamed, mash the potatoes thoroughly. Coarsely mash the corn kernels.
Add finely chopped onions and cilantro leaves.
Add all the spice powders, salt and mix well. Add lemon juice and mix well.
Add the pulsed poha. Mix well and make a dough.
Divide the corn potato mixture into 10-12 equal portions. Shape each portion into a cutlet.
Deep or shallow fry the shaped cutlets until golden brown. Serve corn cutlet hot with tea/milkshake.
1. Onions are optional.
2. You can add finely chopped green chilies instead of pepper powder.