Last updated on July 4th, 2019
Corn pakoda recipe is an easy and quick snack with sweet corn and onions. This crispy pakoda tastes so good and can be made in no time. With the onset of monsoons and winter, these pakoda with adrak or masalai chai is the best ever snack time treat I could think of, do you like crispy snacks on rainy day too? Here is how to make crispy corn pakoda recipe with step by step photos.
Tea time is the most awaited break that all of look forward to. During a busy day there is nothing like relaxing and unwinding with a cup of evening tea. If we also have some quick snacks with tea, it is pure joy. Am I right?
I make some snacks for evening tea mostly during weekends. While we love snacks like samosa, cutlet with teas, pakoda or pakode is my top choice for the ease of preparation. Just mix veggies of your choice with seasoning to chick pea flour, mix and fry. How easy is that.
These corn pakode are our recent favorite. We tasted it in a resort during a vacation and I have been it at home since. Fresh ears of corn is a staple in my fridge so this pakoda gets ready in no time whenever the craving hits. Few more pakoda varieties that we love are palak pakoda, cabbage pakode, onion pakora, cashew pakora.
Serving and eating piping hot pakoda with tea is one of the best joys of life 🙂
This Sweet Corn Pakoda Recipe
Is crispy and delicious with additive flavor
Is vegan and gluten free
Quick and easy to make with simple ingredients
Is perfect kid friendly snack
To make corn pakoda recipe we need sweet corn kernels or regular Indian corn kernels. Other ingredients are onions, ginger garlic, green chilies, curry leaves, besan or chickpea flour and rice flour.
In this recipe I like to add a good dose of onion, garlic and ginger. The spice from this trio compliments the sweetness of corn kernels very well. If you are not fond of garlic you can skip it too.
Instead of rice flour you can use corn flour but adding rice flour keeps the pakoda crispy for long time.
How To Make Corn Pakoda Recipe Step by Step
1. Boil or steam the corn kernels until soft.
2. Drain and pulse once or twice.
2. Add pulsed corn, chopped green chilies, crushed ginger garlic and curry leaves into a mixing bowl. Mix well.
3. Add besan and rice flour. Season with required salt.
4. Mix well without adding water.
5. Heat oil for deep frying. Once the oil is hot drop a small pinch of corn mixture to check the temperature of oil.
6. Pinch small balls and gentle slide in hot oil. Deep fry in medium flame until crispy and golden.
7. Drain excess oil and serve corn pakoda hot.
Tips And Variations
Frying corn should be done with caution as they tend to burst and cause serious burns.
To avoid the bursting of corn while frying, do pulse the boiled corn as mentioned in the recipe. But make sure not to just pulse it slightly and do not grind it smooth.
Instead of rice flour you can add corn flour
You can add boiled and pulsed corn to this cheese pakora for a different flavor.
Corn pakode will stay good for 3-4 days in refrigerator. You can reheat them in MW and serve hot.
You can double or halve the recipe.
More Evening Snack Recipes
I hope you will try this easy corn pakoda recipe and enjoy as much as we did.
Corn Pakoda Recipe
Corn Pakoda Recipe
- 1.5 cups sweet corn kernels or regular Indian corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed ginger-garlic or ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup besan or chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Boil or steam the corn kernels until soft. Drain and pulse once or twice.
- Add pulsed corn, chopped green chilies, crushed ginger garlic and curry leaves into a mixing bowl. Mix well
- Add besan and rice flour. Season with required salt
- Mix well without adding water.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Once the oil is hot drop a small pinch of corn mixture to check the temperature of oil.
- Pinch small balls and gentle slide in hot oil. Deep fry in medium flame until crispy and golden.
- Drain excess oil and serve corn pakoda hot.