Mixed vegetable soup recipe– a hearty, delicious and healthy soup recipe with mix vegetables for cold evenings. This is a wonderful, easy, nutritious home style mixed veg soup suitable for all ages. This is a smooth soup that you can make with bits and scraps of leftover veggies. A very versatile and adaptable recipe that you can make in various flavors. Here is how to make mixed veg soup recipe at home.
What do you do with bits of mixed veggies lying around? I often make this mixed vegetable soup recipe. Why not? It is easy, quick, nutritious and most important it is delicious. You can vary the combination of veggies and every time this mix veg soup turns out a with a different flavor and taste and that is amazing!
We love soups at our home especially during cold weather. As eating out happens very rarely I end up making delicious soups like veg clear soup, classic tomato soup, vibrant beets soup or spicy manchow soup at home from scratch. These are some of our favorite winter recipes
This mixed vegetable soup is one such easy recipe I have been making since many years. More than a soup I used to feed this as a weaning food for my kid. I used to feed this for her snack or lunch when my kid was around 8 months. Of course when feeding for babies I don’t recommend corn or beans without doctor’s consent.
This mixed veg soup is easy and quick to make. It takes only 15 minutes and can be easily made in a pressure cooker. This is a smooth soup recipe with veg puree as base. Also this is the same base soup recipe I use for my pasta soup.
This is a simple and easy home style soup. No cream or other fancy stuff used here. With just a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper this is a humble, healthy and hearty soup. Just how a real soup should be 🙂
This Mixed Vegetable Soup Recipe Is
So easy to make and simple
Quick recipe that takes 15 mins
Delicious, hearty & flavorful
Comforting & wholesome
Kids friendly soup
vegan & gluten free
To make this mix vegetable soup you can use three or more of the following veggies.
- sweet potatoes
While making as weaning food for babies introduce any new veggie after consulting with doctor. You can add all the above vegetables for kids though.
I usually use a pressure cooker to make this recipe. Just after sauteing the veggies in a bit of olive oil, I pressure cook the veggies until cooked. Then it is pureed and simmered with seasoning. Simple and easy!
Mixed Vegetable Soup Flavoring Ideas.
You can make this soup with in various flavors. Mostly I use just salt and pepper for mild flavor. Other flavor options are
- dried or fresh herbs like basil, oregano
How To Make Mixed Vegetable Soup
1.Heat oil in a small pressure pan and saute the garlic cloves.Next add the chopped tomatoes and saute till they shrink a bit.
2.Add the peeled and chopped veggies and saute for 2-3 minutes.
3.Add enough water to cover the veggies and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
4. Drain and puree the veggies,saving the water.
5. Add 1 teaspoon oil in the same pressure pan and saute the freshly crushed pepper-cumin for 3-4 minutes.Now add the pureed veggies and mix well.Add the saved water and boil till the soup thickens.
6. Add sugar,salt and simmer for 5 minutes
7. Adjust seasoning and serve hot.
More Soup Recipes
I hope you will try this mixed veg recipe and enjoy as much as we did. P
Mixed Vegetable Soup Recipe
Mixed vegetable soup recipe,how to make mixed vegetable soup| Healthy vegetable soup recipe
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 1 large potato
- 1 carrot
- 2-3 pieces sweet pumpkin
- 2 small tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Wash,peel and chop the veggies into big cubes.
- Chop tomatoes into cubes
- Heat oil in a small pressure pan and saute the garlic cloves.Next add the chopped tomatoes and saute till they shrink a bit.
- Add the peeled and chopped veggies and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add enough water to cover the veggies and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Drain and puree the veggies,saving the water.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil in the same pressure pan and saute the freshly crushed pepper-cumin for 3-4 minutes.Now add the pureed veggies and mix well.Add the saved water and boil till the soup thickens.
- Add sugar,salt and simmer for 5 minutes
- Adjust seasoning and serve hot.
2.Do not add too much sugar as sweet pumpkin is added
3.Though sweet pumpkin is optional,I highly recommend you try this soup atleast once with sweet pumpkin,it tastes great!