Last updated on July 14th, 2019
Paneer fried rice recipe is a tasty and healthy variety rice you can make for kids lunchbox. You can make this fried rice easily in the lines of veg fried rice. Adding toasted paneer cubes makes this rice very tasty and nutritious also. Here is how to make best paneer fried rice recipe with step by step photos.
If I am making Indo chinese fare for guests I also make a clear soup and starters like crispy corn, chili baby corn or chili potatoes. Homemade Indo Chinese fare is so much better than takeaways, non greasy clean and fresh!
Now coming to this paneer fried rice, this is a very good option for kids lunchbox. This fried rice has loads of veggies and you can make it as spicy as you prefer. I make it moderately spiced with just a dash of soy sauce.
I first tasted this paneer fried rice in a small chinese restaurant in Bangalore. It tasted very good and spicy, obviously it was drenched in sauces though. But while making at home, I add more veggies and minimum or no sauces.
This Paneer Fried Rice Recipe Is
Quick, simple & easy
Very delicious & flavorful
Clean & healthy
gluten free & vegetarian
Moderately spiced, kids friendly
Do try out this super simple yet very delicious & flavorful fried rice. Comes together in minutes and suitable for all special occasions and parties.
Ingredients For Paneer Fried Rice
To make paneer fried rice you can use basmati rice or any long grained rice. if it is not available just use any cooked rice with grains separate.
If you have leftover cooked rice, it will work well in this recipe. Even if you cook fresh rice, make sure to cool it thoroughly before adding to the veggies. If the rice is hot, the grains will break while tossing with veggies.
You can add any of your favorite veggies like carrots, beans, baby corns, cabbage in this rice. Basically veggies used for veg fried rice can be used for this paneer fried rice too. If you prefer you can make this rice with just spring onions and paneer without veggies.
Apart from veggies you can add mushrooms in this recipe. Vegans can use tofu cubes instead of paneer cubes. I like to toast the paneer cubes before adding to the rice. You can even add raw paneer cubes.
Serve paneer fried rice warm with a side of chili vinegar, manchurian sauce or any manchurian of your choice. You can also cool it well and pack in kids lunchbox.
How To Make Paneer Fried Rice
1. Cook and cool the rice thoroughly. Spread the rice on a plate and add few drops of oil. Set aside.
2. Heat a tava and add 1 teaspoon oil. Spread well. Add the finely chopped paneer cubes. Toast until paneer changes golden brown.
3. Heat a wok with 3 teaspoons sesame oil. Add crushed ginger garlic. Saute in high flame. Add spring onion whites. Saute well in high flame. Add chili flakes and saute well.
4. Add chopped vegetables and mix well. Saute in high flame for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add soy sauce, pepper powder. Season with salt. Saute in high flame for 3 minutes.
6. Add the fried paneer cubes and mix well. Saute for a minute.
7. Add cooled rice and toss quickly. Garnish with spring onion greens.
8. Serve paneer fried rice hot.
More Rice Recipes
I hope you will try this paneer fried rice recipe and enjoy as much as we did. P
Paneer Fried Rice Recipe
Paneer fried rice recipe | How to make paneer fried rice | Paneer recipes
- 1 1/2 cup cooked basmati rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped paneer cubes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped vegetables
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onion whites
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped spring onion greens
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger-garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- Sesame oil
- Cook and cool the rice thoroughly. Spread the rice on a plate and add few drops of oil. Set aside.
- Heat a tava and add 1 teaspoon oil. Spread well. Add the finely chopped paneer cubes. Toast until paneer changes golden brown.
- Heat a wok with 3 teaspoons sesame oil. Add crushed ginger garlic. Saute in high flame. Add spring onion whites. Saute well in high flame. Add chili flakes and saute well.
- Add chopped vegetables and mix well. Saute in high flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, pepper powder. Season with salt. Saute in high flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the fried paneer cubes and mix well. Saute for a minute.
- Add cooled rice and toss quickly. Garnish with spring onion greens. Serve paneer fried rice hot.
2. Do not saute for long time after adding paneer. It will turn rubbery.