Last updated on February 21st, 2019
Potato fry recipe or aloo fry recipe – easy to make delicious and crispy potato fry or aloo fry recipe with less oil. This easy potato fry will make any Indian meal special and delicious that too very less effort. There are many ways to make aloo fry and this is one of the easiest recipes you should try!
This simple potato fry is so delicious with just very few ingredients. You also need just 20 minutes to make this recipe.
Aloo fry goes very well with all Indian rice recipes like dal rice, sambar rice, rasam rice and especially curd rice. But that is not all, you can serve potato fry with roti, tomato rice and lemon rice also.
Potato Fry Ingredients
To make easy potato fry you need just very few ingredients.
All you need to make this potato fry are par boiled potatoes and few spice powders. You first parboil the potatoes and cube them. Next toss them in flour , season with spices and shallow fry.
This aloo fry recipe consumes very less oil compared to deep fried ones. I have used just salt, chili powder and turmeric powder for seasoning. You can also use garam masala powder and coriander powder for seasoning.
Which Potatoes are Best For Aloo Fry?
Selection of correct potatoes plays a key role in making aloo fry. Use fresh new potatoes with thin skin for tasty fry. We often make similar crispy fry with okra, ivy gourd etc.
This is a vegan no onion garlic potato fry recipe that gets ready in 20 minutes!
If you are looking more easy potato recipes do check
Let us learn how to make potato fry or aloo fry with this easy recipe with step by step photos.
How To Make Potato Fry Recipe Step by Step
1. To begin with potato fry recipe, par boil the potatoes and peel them. Now cut the potatoes into bite size cubes.
2. Take rice flour,corn flour,salt, asafoetida,turmeric powder and chilli powder in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the potato cubes in the bowl containing spice powder-flour mixture and toss well.
4. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan. Once the oil is hot,shallow fry the spice coated potato cubes until golden brown.
5. Remove the fried potatoes to a kitchen towel.
6. Serve aloo fry hot with variety rice tomato rice or rasam and steamed rice.
Potato Fry Recipe
- 2 large potatoes par boiled,peeled and cubed.
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder optional
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 3-4 tablespoons oil for shallow frying
- Par boil and peel the potatoes. Cut into bite size cubes.
- Take all the spice powders,rice flour and corn flour in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Toss the cubed potatoes.
- Heat oil for shallow frying.
- Add the potato cubes and shallow fry until golden brown.
- Remove and serve potato fry hot with rice and rasam
1. You can use sambar powder instead of chilli powder. If using sambar powder leave out turmeric and coriander powder.
2. You can sprinkle some lemon juice after frying.
3. While frying do it in batches and do not over crowd the pan.