Last updated on October 11th, 2019
Potato fry recipe or aloo fry recipe – easy to make delicious and crispy potato fry or aloo fry recipe with less oil. This easy potato fry will make any Indian meal special and delicious that too very less effort. There are many ways to make aloo fry and this is one of the easiest recipes you should try!
This simple potato fry is so delicious with just very few ingredients. You also need just 20 minutes to make this recipe.
Potato fry is more of an emotion with us than just a side dish 🙂 Like every other kid I know of, we were so fond of this potato fry while growing up. Crispy and perfectly seasoned aloo fry was the best ever combination for our Sunday special onion sambar 🙂
Now my kid is also very fond of this aloo fry and I make it for lunch box regularly. I shallow fry the flour tossed potatoes in low flame so it consumes very less oil too.
This simple potato fry is one of the many ways I make them. If you want to make very crispy aloo fry with less oil in 20-30 minutes this recipe is your best bet.
It is seasoned with just salt and chili powder. While making for toddlers and kids you can use very less or leave out the chili powder.
This potato fry is not yet another potato poriyal. While you can also make poriyal very crispy, this recipe yields absolutely crispy aloo fry that everyone will love.
Aloo fry goes very well with all Indian rice recipes like dal fry, sambar rice, mysore rasam, vengaya sambar, udupi samabr, rasam rice and especially curd rice. But that is not all, you can serve potato fry with roti, tomato rice and lemon rice also.
This Aloo Fry Recipe Is
Crispy , flavorful & very delicious
Takes 20 mins only to make
Vegan & gluten free
Consumes very less oil
Wholesome side dish for kids.
This aloo fry is a humble yet delicious addition and an easy dish that fits for busy mornings. You can serve this warm or cool it and pack it in lunch box also.
Lets get into the recipe and learn to make easy aloo fry with in 20 minutes today. Here is the breakdown of ingredients.
Potato Fry Ingredients
To make easy potato fry you need just very few ingredients.
All you need to make this potato fry are par boiled potatoes and few spice powders. You first parboil the potatoes and cube them. Next toss them in flour , season with spices and shallow fry.
This aloo fry recipe consumes very less oil compared to deep fried ones. I have used just salt, chili powder and turmeric powder for seasoning. You can also use garam masala powder and coriander powder for seasoning.
Which Potatoes are Best For Aloo Fry?
Selection of correct potatoes plays a key role in making aloo fry. Use fresh new potatoes with thin skin for tasty fry. We often make similar crispy fry with okra, ivy gourd etc.
This is a vegan no onion garlic potato fry recipe that gets ready in 20 minutes!
If you are looking more easy potato recipes do check
Let us learn how to make potato fry or aloo fry with this easy recipe with step by step photos.
How To Make Potato Fry Recipe
1. To begin with potato fry recipe, par boil the potatoes and peel them. Now cut the potatoes into bite size cubes.
2. Take rice flour,corn flour,salt, asafoetida,turmeric powder and chilli powder in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the potato cubes in the bowl containing spice powder-flour mixture and toss well.
4. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan. Once the oil is hot,shallow fry the spice coated potato cubes until golden brown.
5. Remove the fried potatoes to a kitchen towel.
6. Serve aloo fry hot with variety rice tomato rice or rasam and steamed rice.
Potato Fry Recipe
potato fry recipe, how to make crispy potato fry | easy potato recipes
- 2 large potatoes par boiled,peeled and cubed.
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder optional
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 3-4 tablespoons oil for shallow frying
- Par boil and peel the potatoes. Cut into bite size cubes.
- Take all the spice powders,rice flour and corn flour in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Toss the cubed potatoes.
- Heat oil for shallow frying.
- Add the potato cubes and shallow fry until golden brown.
- Remove and serve potato fry hot with rice and rasam
2. You can sprinkle some lemon juice after frying.
3. While frying do it in batches and do not over crowd the pan.