Mango milk is a delicious and refreshing summer drink you can make with fresh mangoes. It is technically a thinned down mango milkshake without ice cream 🙂 I saw this in the menu card of a cafe and was tempted to make at home. With just some fresh ripe mangoes, whole milk and flavoring of your choice you can make this delicious mango milk as dessert or after school snack!
I made this mango milk many times along with mango milkshake, mango ice cream, mango lemonade last month. Now that mangoes begin to disappear, I made this drink again yesterday as we like it a lot. This is much lighter and full of mango flavor compared to milkshake.
We love flavored milk varieties and I make many of them for my kid. We love badam milk, pistachio milk, saffron milk, cardamom milk and many more.
Flavored milks are best way to make kids drink milk. Rather than using store bought malt powders I prefer to make my own badam milk powder or masala milk powder at home.
Fresh seasonal fruits are also best way to sneak in some milk in kids diet. You can also make fresh strawberry milk during season.
Coming to this mango milk, it is an easy 3 step recipe. Chop the mangoes, blend with milk and sugar, serve 🙂 Yes that easy it is. Takes just 5 minutes to prepare yet very big on taste and flavor.
Serve mango milk as dessert after a meal. It is also very good as after school snack with some cheese balls, cutlet, sandwich or dosa pizza.
This Mango Milk Recipe Is
Easy, simple & quick
3 ingredients & 5 mins recipe
Gluten free & Vegetarian
Can be made vegan by using dairy free milk
Lighter than milkshake with full of mango flavor
Kids friendly, flavorful & delicious.
To make mango milk always use ripe and sweet mangoes. I have used banganappali mangoes here so the color is pale. If you use Alphonso mangoes the mango milk will be more deep in color and vibrant.
Compared to milkshake, this drink should be thin and more fluid. I like to use 1/2 cup chopped mangoes for 1.5 cups milk. You can slightly vary the proportion according to your preference though.
This mango milk is flavored with a wee bit of saffron extract. You can also use saffron strands or cardamom powder. Also I have just added few pistachios here.
Instead of sugar you can add honey, date syrup or coconut sugar too.
To make vegan mango milk you can use coconut or almond milk.
You can make this mango milk well ahead and serve chilled. It keeps well for 2 days in refrigerator.
How To Make Mango Milk
1. Peel, discard the stone and roughly chop the mangoes.
2. Add it to a blender or mixer grinder jar along with 3 cups milk and 3 teaspoons sugar.
3. Also add some pistachios and saffron strands if using.
4. Blend smooth.
5. Transfer to a serving glass and top with pistachios and saffron strands. Serve mango milk as dessert or snack.
More Flavored Milk Recipes
I hope you will try this mango milk recipe and enjoy as much as we did. P
Mango Milk Recipe
Mango Milk Recipe
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 1 cup chopped ripe mangoes
- 3 cups milk boiled and chilled
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron strands or extract optional
- 1 teaspoon pistachios optional
- Peel, discard the stone and roughly chop the mangoes.
- Add it to a blender or mixer grinder jar along with 3 cups milk and 3 teaspoons sugar.
- Also add some pistachios and saffron strands if using.
- Blend smooth
- Transfer to a serving glass and top with pistachios and saffron strands
- Serve mango milk as dessert or snack.
Leave a Reply