Mango chili sauce is a delightful dipping sauce with tropical flavors. You will just love slathering or dipping your spring rolls or momos or pot stickers in this oh so addictive sauce. Made with season’s best mangoes and few more simple ingredients, this vegan and gluten free sauce will sure brighten up your snack time!
Hope you all are having your share of mangoes this season? As always I cannot get enough of mangoes 🙂 Apart from relishing as such, there are hundreds literally hundreds of dishes I want to make with this fruit 🙂
How many ever dishes I make with mangoes, I keep dreaming about making more, see I told yo I can’t get enough of mangoes 🙂
The other day when I made these wonderful spring rolls, I wanted to try a new dip instead of regular chili garlic sauce or schezwan sauce. I had seen this mango chili sauce in a cafe’s menu last year and thought of making it.
I did not have any recipe to refer, I just made it with few basic ingredients and it turned out really wonderful.
Sweet and slightly tangy mangoes wonderfully compliment the taste and flavor of chili and garlic in this recipe. This sauce is especially good for kids and adults who cant handle very spicy sauces.
For making this mango sauce, I just used few basic ingredients that I had handy. You can improvise this recipe in many ways.
For instance, this one is an instant sauce that you can store only for one day. You can also cook the mango puree a bit and make sauce that you can store for couple of days.
I have included those instructions in the notes section.
Do try out this yummy mango chili sauce, it’s got sweet, spicy and tangy taste and unmistakable flavor.
This Mango Chili Sauce Recipe Is
Easy & instant
vegan & gluten free
yummy & flavorful
Full of tropical flavor
Mildly spiced best for kids
So grab your ingredients and in five minutes you got for yourself an amazing sauce that tastes yum with almost all snacks and kids will even love it with paratha.
Step by step method
Warm 4 tablespoons olive oil for few seconds in a pan. Just warm it, no need to heat it for long time.
To that warm oil add peeled and minced garlic, chopped onions and chili flakes. You can also add a chopped jalapeno. Mix and give a quick saute.
Remove from flame and transfer all the ingredients along with oil to a bowl and let cool thoroughly.
Peel and roughly chop a ripe sweet mango.
Transfer the chopped mango to a blender jar and add 2 teaspoons sugar or maple.
Also add the oil along with all the sauteed ingredients. Add salt to taste.
Serve mango chili sauce as dipping sauce with your favorite snacks. Goes well with most Asian snacks recipes like dumplings, momos, spring rolls, dry manchurians.
Notes & Variations
How to store mango chili sauce for sometime in refrigerator? This Sauce recipe I have shared is instant one and keeps well for a day.
To store this sauce for couple of days in refrigerator you can puree the mango and saute it in the oil for few minutes or until it slightly thickens.
After sauteing garlic and other ingredients, add the mango puree and saute for 4-5 minutes or until it slightly reduces.
Cool thoroughly and store in a clean dry container. Keeps well for a week.
Which type of mango suits well for this sauce? Any sweet ripe mango that is not very fibrous will work in this recipe. However for a vibrant bright yellow colored sauce you will have to use alphonso or kesar variety mangoes.
Can I make this sauce with raw mangoes? Yes you can make this sauce with raw or unripe mango with two modifications.
- Increase the amount of sugar as raw mango unlike ripe mango is not sweet. So instead of the quantity mentioned in the recipe, add sugar to taste.
- Next you will have to cook and cool the unripe mango before blending. Use a pressure cooker or steamer or cook the chopped in a pan of water until soft.
More recipes you might like
I hope you will try this mango chili sauce recipe and enjoy as much as we did. P
Mango Chili Sauce
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 4 tablespoons olive oil light
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 4 peeled and minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium sized ripe sweet mango
- 2 teaspoons sugar or maple add more if required
- salt to taste
- Warm 4 tablespoons olive oil for few seconds in a pan. Just warm it, no need to heat it for long time.
- To that warm oil add peeled and minced garlic, chopped onions and chili flakes. You can also add a chopped jalapeno. Mix and give a quick saute.
- Remove from flame and transfer all the ingredients along with oil to a bowl and let cool thoroughly.
- Peel and roughly chop a ripe sweet mango.
- Transfer the chopped mango to a blender jar and add 2 teaspoons sugar or maple.
- Also add the oil along with all the sauteed ingredients. Add salt to taste.
- Blend smooth. Serve mango chili sauce as dipping sauce with your favorite snacks. Goes well with most Asian snacks recipes like dumplings, momos, spring rolls, dry manchurians.
- you can double or halve the recipe
- adjust seasoning as per taste